ISA Accomplishments and Activities for February 2013
- White House releases Executive Order on Cyber Security. Order includes multiple processes and policies advocated by ISA, including instructions to DHS, Commerce and Treasury to develop a set of incentives for voluntary adoption of pro-security behavior, a requirement that any “actions” taken by regulatory agencies follow ISA endorsed tests of cost-effectiveness, and preference for incentives over traditional regulation (see separate attachment for details of ISA policies in Presidential Executive Order).
- ISA endorses reintroduction of Rogers-Ruppersberger “CISPA” legislation, which includes liability incentives for information sharing.
- ISA invited to briefings on Executive Order with White House “Cyber Czar” Michael Daniel, Gen. Keith Alexander, NIST Director Dr. Patrick Gallagher, DHS Dep. Sec Jane Lute, DHS Dep. Sec. Mark Weatherford and others.
- ISA circulates to the Board of Directors a 10-point plan for member company activity in connection with the implementation of the Executive Order.
- ISA featured on CNBC “Power Lunch” to discuss impact of the Executive Order on the private sector.
- C-SPAN devotes 45 minutes to ISA to discuss the Presidential Executive Order and its interface with potential Congressional legislation.
- ISA President Larry Clinton is lead speaker for Brookings Institution conference on Supply Chain management.
- ISA President Clinton is featured speaker at joint DHS – DOD Software Assurance Forum.