Internet Security Alliance (ISA) Highlights June 2019
- At the request of the US Department of Homeland Security’s National Risk Management Center – ISA conducts a one-hour webinar on systemic cyber risk exclusively for DHS. Webinar is part of an ongoing discussion between ISA and DHS regarding how industry and government can best collaborate to develop a researched based understanding of systemic cyber risk consistent with the new DHS cyber security strategy unveiled at last year’s Cyber Security Summit. DHS is considering a proposal from the ISA for a collaborative research program that would leverage the knowledge and experience of the ISA board highlighting the risk assessment experience from AIG and the economics-based models for cyber risk assessment developed by SSIC to inform current policy development such as the development of the first national cyber risk registry.
- ISA TEACHES COURSE ON CYBER SECURITY FOR SENIOR MANAGERS AT WHARTON GRADUATE SCHOOL – ISA in conjunction with 8 board sponsors including (Adrian Peters, BNY Mellon; Gary McAlum, USAA; Lisa Humbert, Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, MUFG; Tim McKnight, SAP; Nasrin Rezai, GE; Greg Montana, FIS, Garin Pace, AIG and Robert Vescio, SSIC) teach one-day course on cyber security for ABA Stonier Graduate Program for Financial Services Executives.
- ISA CONDUCTS WORKSHOP FOR THE EUROPEAN CONFEDERATION OF DIRECTORS’ ASSOCIATIONS (ecoDa) – ISA has signed a Memo of Understanding with ecoDa to create a cyber-risk oversight handbook for corporate boards, similar to the volume ISA has created for the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) in the US, but adapted to the unique needs of European Union markets. A second workshop with the group is planned during October 2019.
- ISA Keynotes National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) “Leading Issues” Conference in Chicago, Illinois. Keynote covers the evolution of cyber crime and how boards should reform their thinking of the cyber threat including adopting advanced methods of cyber risk assessment
- ISA TEACHES CYBERSECURITY Course, Economics of Cybersecurity, for National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), Master Class and Future Trends, courses for NACD during training conference in Chicago, Illinois.
- ISA PARTICIPATES IN EY’S ANNUAL SUMMIT ON ISSUES FOR CORPORATE DIRECTORS,” Leading Practices for Cyber Oversight,” Summit, Dallas.
- US DEPARTMENT Of COMMERCE ASKS ISA TO DEVELOP WEBINAR FOR US COMPANIES ON CYBER SECURITY. Commerce Department will sponsor a webinar on the evolution of cyber risk and the evolution of modern methods of risk assessment and the role of economics in assessing and combating modern cyber-attacks. ISA will be the sole presenter
- ISA PARTICIPATES IN FULL DAY WEBINAR OF CYBER BEST PRACTICES FOR CORPORATE BOARDS SPONSORED BY E&Y ENTITLED Texas participates in follow up webinar about summit: Highlights from the EY Cybersecurity board summit – “Putting Governance to Work”, New York, New York.